Sunday, April 6, 2008

2nd Easter Sunday

"He is Risen" by He Qi

This is just so awesome--before this Lenten season, I never knew there were 50 days of Easter. So, I am still celebrating. Sometimes I watch the Methodist Church at 10 AM because I know that Jeremy is involved in the production of the show. I enjoyed the pastor's message today as he is following the eastern calendar of Easter, also. At the end of the program, he invited people to the communion table. He explained that anyone could come and celebrate the Eucharist and made it clear that it was not HIS table, it was God's table and every one was welcome. I was reminded of A. and J.'s wedding where they were not allowed to receive communion because the pastor of the church where the wedding took place forbid them to celebrate the Eucharist. That must have been HIS communion table. The pastor who officiated the wedding and the rest of us were not welcome at his table. I am so glad that God's table is always open to us. I am glad that we can celebrate His love for us in our hearts even when others try to keep it from us.

"What shall I do?" is a question Rev. Gardner is often asked by people who are in trying circumstances. He suggested that maybe a better question would be, "What is God doing?"
I like the idea of looking at what God is doing through our circumstances rather than us trying to control the situation by thinking there must be something we could do to get ourselves out of this mess and out of this pain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a really cool painting. i like the finger pointing to heaven.