Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lent 2008

I have been following a guide for Lent on the Wheatland Mission website. (http://paulhill.wordpress.com/) In Paul's post for the first week of Lent, he asked a question--

"What would happen if you believed, really believed that your Heavenly Father loved you and was pleased with you?"

As Paul suggested, I read Psalm 25. I read the Psalm out of The Message as if I really believed God loved me.

  • If I believed God loved me, I would hold my head high and I would look to God instead of people to help me understand how valuable my life is. (vs. 1)
  • I would ask Him to show me how He works and I would ask Him to "school me" in His ways. (vs. 4)
  • I would ask Him to take me by the hand and lead me down the path of truth. (vs. 5)
  • I would ask Him to mark me with His sign of Love (vs. 7)
  • "From now on every road you travel will take you to GOD. Follow the covenant signs; read the charted directions." (vs. 10) What a beautiful promise!
  • I would believe that God had forgiven me of my sin. (vs. 18)
  • I would ask Him to "look at me and help me!" (vs. 16)
  • I would realize that God is keeping watch over me and that I can know that He will never let me down when I run to Him. (vs. 20)
My favorite verse from Psalm 25:
"FROM NOW ON EVERY ROAD YOU TRAVEL WILL TAKE YOU TO GOD..."

This is just a glimpse into what my life would look like if I truly believed that Father loved me.

(to be continued...)

No comments: