Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Amazing Genogram Valentine! from Melanie (Part I)

Who in the world would think of creating a genogram for Valentine's Day for her dear old Mom? An 8' long Valentine--embellished with crystals, pearls, wax seals, and glitter? She and Matthew are conspicuously absent on my strand of concatenation*. I must add them ASAP. Oh, she also forgot another important person (my Dad). I must add these 3 people soon, as the line is not complete without them!

*DEFINITION - Concatenation (from Latin concatenare, to link together) is taking two or more separately located things and placing them side-by-side next to each other so that they can now be treated as one thing.
Today I have been studying my Valentine. I took pictures of it in segments. I LOVE this segment: Lili Ruth and Ruth. 2 people who I love dearly. I surely do hope my Mom is able to look down from heaven and see this little angel who shares her name! I love them being next to each other on my genogram Valentine. One meaning given for the name, Ruth is, "vision of beauty". I just know my Mom would love this little girl to pieces!

This is a precious segment of my lineage--the 3 grandparents I had in my life. I was only 4 years old when my Grandpa Jost died, but I have carried my love for him in my heart all of my life. I remember that he loved to hold me. My Grandpa Ensz lived to almost 100--I loved him and Grandma with all of my heart!
I still have a lot of my Valentine to share...

No comments: