Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Old photos

Melanie gave me this picture on Christmas Day of my Grandfather Jost and his 7 brothers. I just love seeing pictures I have never seen before--especially of people I love. I was only 4 years old when he died, but I remember being held by him. He was 6'2" and he is the shortest one in the back row. Must be where my brother got his height. I love to look at this picture because I can see my Dad in Grandpa--I can see my brother in him--and I can see my nephew in him. Grandpa died in 1954 and I still love him. Love that amazing feeling.
Grandpa is the 3rd boy from the left, 2nd row

3 comments:

keenan88k said...

Wow! What a picture. I, too, can see him in Ben, Myrle, and Aaron, or them in him or both. Thanks for sharing this pic and the one of Melanie at the top of your blog. Outstanding!
K

Jeannie said...

I love old pictures and this one of the men in your family is great. I also love the picture of Melanie. It is so beautiful. You have such a good eye for photography.

Melanie-Pearl said...

i got that from a guy who i swapped emails/trees with on Ancestry.com. Very fun! i was thrilled you hadn't seen this one yet. :)