Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thoughts on the Seder Meal


The Foundry joined Wheatland Mission last evening for a Passover Seder meal. Since we are studying the Tabernacle at the Foundry during 2010, it was great to get into more Jewish lessons.
My favorite parts of the seder?
I love the way children ask the questions--"Why is this night different from all other nights?"
I love being "obligated" to drink 4 glasses of wine. I had never polished off a bottle of wine before.
I love to taste things I have never tasted before. Who would have thought that the symbol for mortar (charoset) could be so good? Chopped apples, red wine, honey, walnuts & cinnamon.
I loved the "Dayenu", the account of all of the things God did for the Israelites. Even if He would not have done them all, "it would have been enough for us."
I loved it that of all the children, Kalon found the afikomen!
I love the way grace is said all through the meal--we gave thanks for the fruit of the vine with each glass of wine. It made me want to keep the gratitude going with each blessed meal I am so fortunate to eat.
I loved celebrating with friends whose hearts were also very touched with the retelling of the story of the Exodus.
"L'shanah haba'ah b'Yerushalayim hab'nuyah!" (Next year in Jeruselem!)

No comments: