Saturday, February 20, 2010

I received my ashes...


I received my ashes on Ash Wednesday.
The ashes marked me as one of Christ's own.
I carry that mark on my forehead,
but I let it lodge deep in my soul.

As these ashes are infused with the joy and the sorrow
that abide within the soul of my life,
I let the holiness of those ashes
smolder with all that resides within,
giving birth to something unadulterated,
something so full of Sacred grace,
that it can be offered as a fragrant offering
to the Lord of Heaven.

I am not marked for this Wednesday only.
I am not only marked for this Lenten season,
but it seems to be a marking
that I will carry
forever.

also...
Lili Ruth got her ashes--
wish I had a picture.
This is her sorting rocks at Zamma's:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
K