Sunday, December 7, 2008

Chippewa Prayer

"Let me walk in beauty
and make my eyes ever behold
the red and purple sunset."
(Yesterday, KT and I went to get my new peppernut maker.  We decided to go ahead and take a look at the Kauffman Museum in North Newton since we were already there.  After all of those years living in Newon, I had never stepped foot in there.  We had fun looking at the artifacts--Mr. Kauffman had quite a collection of Indian moccasins.  This Indian prayer was painted on the wall.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.
K

Anonymous said...

Dear Julie
We just found your interesting website when we looked up peppernut maker.There are so many prayers and sayings from the native peoples that are inspiring.
I thankyou for sharing the Chippewa Prayer.
I was wondering if you had a address of where you got the peppernut maker?

God bless you.
Carl and Lois Ramer
clramer@telus.net