Friday, October 24, 2008

Such a pretty tablescape...


I remember the first time I heard the word, "tablescape". My niece's 3 year old used it. Well, today I saw a beautiful tablescape--M. had her mamas and grammas & Cody's Aunt Mary over for lunch. It was so special because we were able to use some very old things. The dishes had been packed away for years. Cody's Grandma told us she got them when she bought groceries. The teapot was my Grandma Jost's--she died in 1954. We had potato soup, chicken salad on croissants, applesauce, creamed peas, and pumpkin pie. Thanks for going to all of that work, M!

3 comments:

aunteem said...

That is beautiful....such a sweet Mel....

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous tablescape.
K

Sherre said...

I remember those dishes--I think Dillons was where my family got them. They haven't been in the family for years, but that sure brought back memories!