Sunday, July 20, 2008

Novena (9 Day) Prayer


Lord Jesus, the needs of your people open your heart in love for each of us. You care for us when we are lost, sympathize with us in loneliness, and comfort us in mourning; you are closest to us where we are weakest. You love us most when we love ourselves least; you forgive us most when we forgive ourselves least; and you call us to spread your love in whatever way we can.
Lord Jesus, your heart is moved with compassion when we are suffering, when we need your help, and when we pray for each other.
I ask you to listen to my prayer during this Novena, and grant what I ask:

Peace, Lord. I ask for You to bring peace to my heart.

Direction. Lord, please bring me direction--show me the path for me to take.

Forgiveness. Lord, give me the power to forgive--let a Spirit of forgiveness come over me.

If what I ask is not for my own good and the good of others, grant me what is best, that I may build up your kingdom of love in our world.
(Karmen, thanks for spreading the word about Sacred Space--check out the 9 day prayer at that site.)

1 comment:

Nobisco said...

This Novena is a simple and powerful, peace and hope-bringing prayer.

I also like to pray the Angels with a Novena, and pray for Souls who are waiting for our spiritual help and love to find Peace.